Air Ivanhoe - Fly-in fishing Ontario Canada  / Walleye and Pike on Remote Lakes
Fly in fishing action for Ontario Pike and Walleye! Great fishing just waiting for you in this area of Ontario. Just think of the action for these walleye and pike with Air Ivanhoe. Bear and Moose hunting available, we are just an hour from Chapleau Ontario .

For more information, please
Phone:8 AM - 6 PM
Summer Hours



George and Jeanne Theriault
P.O. Box 99, Foleyet, Ontario Canada POM ITO.

All major credit cards accepted
All prices are in Canadian dollars

Canadian Fly-In Fishing Lodge

Video's to Watch

(211 MB) Introducing Air Ivanhoe
(67 MB) Main Lodge
(154 MB) Nemegosenda Lodge
(152 MB) Friday to Friday Camps
(89 MB) Saturday to Saturday Camps
(149 MB) Sunday to Sunday Camps
(35 MB) Boat Ins
(83 MB) What to Bring
More Air Ivanhoe Videos


When traveling to Canada, customs is a concern, but following a few simple guidelines, crossing the border can be a smooth quick procedure.


Be sure to have a valid driver's license and vehicle registration form and proof of insurance.

Possession of radar detection devices are illegal in Ontario.

Empty beer and spirits bottles/cans can be evidence of drinking and driving in Ontario.


Note your travel time, and planned route.

Leave a copy of your itinerary with someone at home.


It is recommended that you convert to Canadian funds after crossing the border.

Banks and currency exchanges will give good exchange rates for a small fee

Air Ivanhoe always offers a fair exchange on currency.


U.S. visitors can claim exemption from provinces for lodging, sales tax and partial refund of the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST). Detailed information can be obtained at the border and from Air Ivanhoe.


Make arrangements before you leave for a phone number where messages can be left in the case of Emergencies.


Be prepared for a variety of weather conditions. Bring extra clothes and rainsuits.

Bring an extra rod, reel, fishing line and a large supply of lures.

Bring an ample supply of prescription medications and a doctor's note describing the condition.

Bring a camera, film and extra batteries.


If you are bringing fish or game home, it is important to follow Ontario's regulations closely. Wrap game to specifications and do not bring any illegal animal parts back into the United States. If you have fish, leave a piece of skin on for identification. Wrap one fish per package, and pack only the number of legal fish per person in the vehicle. If you are with a large group, do not put everyone's fish in one vehicle. Also remember what the fishing regulations are in your home area.

Some of the following was taken from Tourism Canada's Travel Information for Visitors from the U.S.A.


All US Citizens of the United States do require passports or visas and can usually cross the U.S.-Canada border without difficulty or delay. To assist officers in expediting the process, especially to reenter the United States, native-born citizens should carry a passport or enhanced state ID. Most folks from bordering states can have an enhanced drivers licence issued which is adequate for driving into Canada..  Naturalized U.S. citizens should carry a naturalization certificate or other evidence of citizenship as well as the above documents. Legal, permanent residents of the United States who are not U.S. citizens are advised to carry their Alien Reg. Receipt Card (U.S. Form 1-151 or Form 1-551) as well as a passport. Persons under 18 years of age who are not accompanied by both parents should bring a letter from the parent that is not travelling with you giving them permission to enter Canada.


The entry of vehicles and vacation trailers into Canada for touring purposes is generally a quick and routine matter. Customs permits, if required, are issued at the time of entry. Rental vehicles or trailers are also admissible, however the vehicle registration forms should be carried together with a copy of the rental agency. Visitors entering Canada with vehicles not registered to themselves should carry a letter from the owner indicating authorized use of the vehicle. Note: Guidelines for entry by private aircraft or boats are also available from Tourism Canada.


Visitors may bring personal baggage into Canada duty and tax-free, provided all such items are declared to Canadian Customs on arrival and are not subject to restriction. Personal baggage may include such items as: fishing tackle, boats, motors, snowmobiles, camping, golf, tennis and scuba diving gear, radios, television sets, cameras and other similar items to be used in Canada during the visit. Alcoholic beverages may be brought into Canada duty-free if visitors meet the minimum age requirement of the province of Ontario at time of entry (19 years). The amount cannot exceed 1.1 litres (40 ounces) of liquors or 24 x 355 ml (12 ounce) cans or bottles of beer, ale or the equivalent. Additional quantities of alcoholic beverages,up to a maximum of nine litres (two gallons), may be imported into Ontario Canada,upon payment of duty and taxes plus provincial fees at the port of entry. Persons 16 years of age or over may import 50 cigars, 200 cigarettes and 2 lbs. of manufactured tobacco duty-free. Federal duty and taxes apply to additional quantities. Subject to some restrictions, visitors may bring food with them for their own use, without Customs assessment, provided the quantity is consistent with the duration and nature of the visitor's stay. Gasoline and oil brought into Canada for consumption is dutiable. Reasonable quantities for tourist use, such as gas and oil used to the normal capacity of the vehicle are granted free entry.


All animals, plants, vegetables, fruit and meat (and any product of these) must be declared to Canadian Customs upon entry to the country. Personal fruits and vegetables for your consumption can be brought into Canada and if customes asks you can tell them what you have brought for your consumption.


Domestic dogs and cats may be brought into Canada provided each animal is accompanied by a licensed veterinarian certificate identifying the animal and certifying the dog or cat has been vaccinated against rabies during the preceding 36-month period. Puppies and kittens under three months of age and dogs for the visually impaired may enter with their owners without certification. Further information is available on other animals.


Handguns are not allowed entry into Canada. Firearms are divided into the following three categories:
Prohibited firearms are those that are capable of firing bullets in rapid succession during one pressure of the trigger and any that have been adapted from a rifle or shotgun so that its barrel measures less than 18 inches or is less than 26 inches overall in length. Restricted firearms include any designed or intended to be fired by one hand, any with a barrel less than 18.5 inches capable of firing centerfire ammunition in a semi-automatic manner and any that can be fired when reduced to a length less than 26 inches by folding or telescoping. Tourists cannot import restricted weapons. Long guns (regular rifles and shotguns) may be imported with a permit by visitors over 16 years old. All visitors must declare all firearms to Canadian Customs. Most provinces and territories have regulations concerning the transportation of firearms. Visitors should check with the province. Forms necessary to enter Ontario are posted on our website.



200 rounds of ammunition for hunting purposes can be imported duty free.


Hunting is governed by federal, provincial and territorial laws. Non-residents are required to obtain a hunting/fishing license from the province of Ontario. When hunting migratory game birds, a federal migratory game bird hunting permit is also required. This permit is available at most Canadian post offices. In many of Canada's provincial parks, reserves and adjacent areas, the entry of any type of weapon is forbidden. Fishing is also governed by federal, provincial and territorial laws. No permit is required to import fishing tackle for personal use. Foreign fishing guides are not permitted to work in Canada without an employment authorization card.


American driver's licenses are valid in Canada for varying periods of time in each province.


Vehicle insurance is compulsory in Canada. Visiting motorists are required to produce evidence of financial responsibility in the event of an accident. Minimum liability in Canada is $200,000.00. Your US insurance is adequate in Canada, as long as it carries the minimum liability insurance.


The Canadian Automobile Association provides full membership services to members of the American Association. Visiting members are entitled to travel information, itineraries, maps, tour books, road and weather conditions, hotel reservations and emergency travel services. For more information, contact the Canadian Automobile Association, 1775 Courtwood Crescent, Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3J2. Phone: 613- 225-7631.


The possession and use of radar detection services are illegal in Ontario. It is suggested these units be rendered inoperative and placed inside luggage.


The use of seat belts by vehicle drivers and all passengers is compulsory in all of Ontario.


Gasoline and oil are sold in Canada by the litre. One U.S. gallon equals 3.78 litres. Prices vary in each province, but overall the prices are higher than current U.S. pump prices. Diesel fuel is available on major highways and in large urban centers.


Most Canadian traffic signs use similar symbols to U.S. signs, although some may be posted in different colors. Canadian road limits are posted in kilometers per hour (km/h). A comparison of U.S. and Canadian speed limits are as follows: major highways are 100 km/h (60 mph); rural highways are 80 km/h (50 mph); and cities are 50 km/h (30 mph).


It is the responsibility of travelers to satisfy U.S. customs authorities of their rights to reenter the United States, and a passport or enhanced state ID is adequate. The state ID is only adequate if you are driving between Canada and the US.  Reentry can be simplified if travelers keep a list of all purchases, have sales receipts and invoices handy and pack purchases separately for inspection.


U.S. residents returning from Canada after more than 48 hours may take back, duty free, $400 worth of articles for personal or household use. Families may combine their personal exemptions.
Up to 100 cigars, one litre of alcoholic beverages and 200 cigarettes (one carton) per person may be included in the duty-free exemptions. Articles exceeding the exemption will be assessed for duty. U.S. residents visiting Canada for less than 48 hours are allowed to bring back, duty free, $25 worth of articles for personal use, including 50 cigarettes, 10 cigars, four ounces of alcoholic beverages or alcoholic perfume. Excess articles are subject to duty and taxes.


The monetary system in Canada is based on dollars and cents, as in the United States. Exchange rates do vary, so use Canadian money in Canada to avoid exchange problems. While U.S. money is usually accepted in Canada, it is easier for visitors to exchange their funds or travelers checks for Canadian dollars at any Canadian financial institution or exchange booth.


Most American credit cards and principal bank cards are honored in Canada (VISA is most widely accepted). Using credit cards will give you the best exchange rates without a fee. It is recommended that visitors take more than one kind of card. Please note that there is a new add on fee for most credit cards of around 3% and is called a “Foreign Transaction Fee”, so call your credit card company to verify that they do or do not charge the fee. So if you spend $1000 then there would be a $30 fee to use the card.


It is recommended that visitors to Canada obtain travelers health insurance before leaving the United States, since health plans often do not extend coverage for services received outside the country of residence. Visitors may find they have no health insurance or inadequate coverage in Canada.


Canadian hospital and medical services are excellent, but again, travelers health insurance is recommended. Visitors taking prescription medicine should bring a copy of their prescription in case it needs to be refilled.


Canada uses the Metric System. Visitors will hear weather reports given in degrees Celsius, gasoline sold by the litre (milk and wine by milliliters and litres), grocery items in grams and kilograms and clothing sizes in centimeters.


Canadian postal stamps may be used on all mail posted in Canada. Postage stamps can be purchased at post offices and automatic vending machines.


Provincial and territorial highway maps may be obtained from tourist information offices. Maps and charts are available from Energy, Mines and Resources Canada, 615 Booth Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0E9. Phone: 613-952-7000.

Duty Rates


Southwestern Ontario
Box 2280, Walkerville Postal Service, Windsor,
Ontario N8Y 4R8 Phone: 519-973-8500